AOX (adsorbable organic halides) consist of a collection of organic compounds used in bleaching and cleaning. The reason these compounds pose a potential concern is because they resist breaking down in our environment. Some of the molecules are toxic at high concentrations, and can accumulate in the food chain through aquatic organisms. Therefore, we wanted to be sure that our product is AOX-free.
Articles in this section
- What cleaning products can I use on a canvas shoe?
- Can I use a blow dryer on my boots/shoes after applying Balm Proofer?
- How do I restore my boots that have faded over the years?
- Can I polish my footwear?
- How do I get an oil stain out of my boots?
- How hard can I press and use the eraser bar in the dry cleaning kit?
- How do you keep your leather footwear soft and supple?
- How do I clean and then protect against getting the blue jean ring around my boots?
- I see the term “AOX” a lot around product care/cleaning products. What is it, and why don’t Timberland® cleaning products use it?
- What’s the best way to store cleaning products?